It’s the beginning of the month, so here’s the health bulletin brought to you by the Institute of Medicine of the University of Navarra and the Executive Secretariat of the IOC. The agreement between the two entities, sealed by a protocol, continues to bear fruit and disseminate information on the fundamental role of olive oil in the diet. There is no shortage of cutting-edge studies and research, which you can consult at your leisure.
In this issue, we talk about olive oil, of course, but also about the diets of children and adolescents, women’s health, cardiovascular and digestive problems, support for mental health, the fight against cancer and many other topics.
There’s a healthy portion of fascinating information in this newsletter, enjoy!
More information here: https://meddietolivehealth.com/news-by-topic/
- Effects of n-6 PUFA-rich soybean oil, MUFA-rich olive oil and camellia seed oil on weight and cardiometabolic profiles among Chinese women: a 3-month double-blind randomized controlled-feeding trial.
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying the Effects of Olive Oil Triterpenic Acids in Obesity and Related Diseases.
Children and adolescents
- Early Life Nutrition and the Role of Complementary Feeding on Later Adherence to the Mediterranean Diet in Children up to 3 Years of Age.
- Does Adherence to the Mediterranean Diet Have a Protective Effect against Asthma and Allergies in Children? A Systematic Review.
- Effectiveness of an Intervention Programme on Adherence to the Mediterranean Diet in a Preschool Child: A Randomised Controlled Trial.
- Moderators of Food Insecurity and Diet Quality in Pairs of Mothers and Their Children.
- Quality of life related to health and habits: Differences between adolescents in rural and urban environments.
- Lifestyle mediates the relationship between self-esteem and health-related quality of life in Chilean schoolchildren.
- The Influence of Diet on Ovulation Disorders in Women-A Narrative Review.
- Efficacy, Feasibility and Acceptability of a Mediterranean Diet Intervention on Hormonal, Metabolic and Anthropometric Measures in Overweight and Obese Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Study Protocol.
- Mediterranean Diet Combined With a Low-Carbohydrate Dietary Pattern in the Treatment of Overweight Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Patients.
- Mediterranean-Style Diet and Risk of Preeclampsia by Race in the Boston Birth Cohort.
- The benefits of the Mediterranean diet in first episode psychosis patients taking antipsychotics.
- Healthy Food Pyramid as Well as Physical and Mental Activity in the Prevention of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- The effect of a Mediterranean diet on the symptoms of depression in young males (the “AMMEND” study): A Randomized Control Trial.
- Mediterranean and Western diet effects on Alzheimer’s disease biomarkers, cerebral perfusion, and cognition in mid-life: A randomized trial.
- Effect of Dietary Phenolic Compounds on Incidence of Cardiovascular Disease in the SUN Project; 10 Years of Follow-Up.
- The Lifestyle Profile of Individuals with Cardiovascular and Endocrine Diseases in Cyprus: A Hierarchical, Classification Analysis.
- Risk Factors for Coronary Heart Disease Among Lebanese Women: A Case-Control Study.
Digestive system diseases
- Dietary patterns and gallstone risks in Chinese adults: a cross-sectional analysis of China Multi-Ethnic Cohort Study.
- A Combination of Mediterranean and Low-FODMAP Diets for Managing IBS Symptoms? Ask Your Gut!
- Diet impacts triple-negative breast cancer growth, metastatic potential, chemotherapy responsiveness, and doxorubicin-mediated cardiac dysfunction.
- Adherence to the Mediterranean diet among adults in Mediterranean countries: a systematic literature review.
- Evaluating Dietary Patterns in Women from Southern Italy and Western Mexico.
- The role of nutrition in inflammaging.