To serve 4:
- 400 g dried cod
- Olive oil for frying the potatoes
- ½ kg potatoes, very finely shredded
- 3 tbps olive oil
- 3 onions, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 8 beaten eggs
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Black olives to accompany
- Blanch the cod in boiling water for 3 minutes to make it easier to flake later. Soak for 2-3 hours in two or three changes of water. Remove the skin and bones and flake the fish.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying-pan and fry the shredded potato in batches until it is lightly browned. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Heat the 3 tbsp oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Gently brown the onion and garlic. Add the flaked cod and fry. Add the fried potato and lightly beaten eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper. Mix well over a low heat until the eggs are creamy.
- Turn out onto a serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with olives on a separate dish.