To serve 4:
- 1 kg courgettes
- 3 eggs
- 100 green olives, stoned and chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Flour for coating
- Olive oil for deep frying
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and grate the courgettes and place in a non-stick pan. Heat gently until all the liquid has evaporated and they have turned into a thick creamy mixture.
- Remove from the heat and mix with two beaten eggs, the olives, flour and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
- With lightly floured hands, shape the mixture into round croquettes, then flatten slightly. Coat with flour and then dip into the remaining beaten egg. Fry in very hot oil.
- Place briefly on kitchen paper to drain. Serve very hot.