This unit is responsible for the management and monitoring of the IOC Budgets. It prepares the Financial Statements of the Organization and manages the treasury of the Institution. It is responsible, moreover, for:
- Ensure smooth operation of budgetary accounting, cash flow management and financial accounting.
- Establish and validate accounting systems and methods.
- Accounting entry of transactions and commit payments.
- Preparation of the financial statements.
- Guarantee the accuracy of the accounts
- Manage and safekeep accounting and financial documents
- Manage documentation relating to the register of exceptions
- Coordinate the accounting inventory of goods
- Perform accounting control of annual stock taking of publications
- Monitor and file electronic invoices
- Manage VAT exemption and reimbursements
- Create electronic banking files for domestic payments
- Draft transfer letters for international payments
- Manage payments and revenue in the information system
- Manage petty cash
- Check and monitor revenue in the information system
- Calculate and manage liquid asset investments and inter-banking movements
- Perform cash reconciliations in the information system (banking and accounting)
- Keep up-to-date the register of the accounts held by the IOC and of the persons empowered for each of those accounts
- Draft the financial regulation and the financial rules.
- Participate in budget preparation
- Monitor the budget
- Coordinate activities relating to the preparation of the annual budget and four-year plan
- Check and monitor the payment status of Members’ contributions
- Reconcile pending travel agency payments
- Settle travel costs of mission by officials