The International Olive Council is the world’s only international intergovernmental organisation in the field of olive oil and table olives.
The Council is a decisive player in contributing to the sustainable and responsible development of olive growing and it serves as a world forum for discussing policymaking issues and tackling present and future challenges. It does so by:
- Encouraging international technical cooperation on research and development projects, training and the transfer of technology.
- Encouraging the expansion of international trade in olive oil and table olives, drawing up and updating product trade standards and improving quality.
- Enhancing the environmental impact of olive growing and the olive industry.
- Promoting world consumption of olive oil and table olives through innovative campaigns and action plans.
- Supplying clear, accurate information and statistics on the world olive and olive oil market.
- Enabling government representatives and experts to meet regularly to discuss problems and concerns and to fix priorities for IOC action.
- Working in close partnership with the private sector.
You can watch the IOC institutional video below and choose among the versions:
Arabic, French, English, Italian and Spanish.
For further information please link:
or send an email to: email@example.com