To serve 4
- 4 tbsp honey
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 chicken weighing approximately 1½ kg
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g black olives, stoned
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Dilute the honey in 1 tbsp orange juice. Cut the chicken in half and brush with the diluted honey.
- Place in an ovenproof dish, pour over the oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in a pre-heated oven at 190ºC for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Pour over half the orange juice and roast for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and cut into pieces. Pour the remaining orange juice into the oven dish and stir into the pan juices. Pour over the chicken. Garnish with olives and the mint leaves. Serve.