To make 4 small loaves
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 200 ml warm water
- ½ kg flour, sifted
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g black olives, stoned
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Mix the flour with 3 tbsp oil and salt, add the diluted yeast and work the ingredients together. Then knead for 10-15 minutes, adding a little more flour or water as necessary.
- Add the olives and the onion to the dough, and knead again until mixed in. Shape the dough into a ball.
- Pour the remaining oil into a deep bowl. Turn the ball of dough in it until well coated. Cover with a thick cloth and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour until well risen. Knead again and divide the dough into four. Shape the loaves, prick the surface and place on an oiled baking tray.
- Cover again with a thick cloth and leave to rise for a further 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 240ºC, moisten the surface of the loaves with a brush, place them in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.