The deadline for the reception of applications for the traineeship to manage the organisation of World Olive Day is extended until 12 September at 14.30."
The IOC Executive Secretariat is seeking a young university graduate for a three-month, paid traineeship beginning on 1 October 2016 in the field of event planning and events communication. This will be an opportunity to work in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-ethnic environment and to put into practice what you have learned during your studies and to participate in the organisation of an International Olive Day.
As an intergovernmental commodity organisation and international forum for the olive oil and table olive producing nations, the International Olive Council (IOC) carries out numerous activities to promote olive products.
The profile and tasks of the potential trainee are described below:
Profile and prerequisites
- Be a citizen of one of the 16 Members of the IOC (Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Egypt, European Union, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Montenegro, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Uruguay)
- Have a university Bachelor degree in meeting and event planning, institutional communication or marketing
- Have a perfect command of English
- Have a knowledge of at least one of the other four IOC languages (Arabic, French, Italian and Spanish)
- Have an excellent command of multimedia computer tools, a good understanding of content management and social networks and a solid web culture
- Display organisational, summary and writing skills and a flair for PR
- Be in good health
IT WILL BE CONSIDERED AN ASSET:
- To have some initial work experience (with a event planning, PR or marketing agency)
- Knowledge of Spanish
The chief tasks of the trainee, who will report to the Head of the Promotion Unit, will be:
- To assist the Executive Secretariat with the organisation and holding of World Olive Day
- To show initiative and be proactive
Duration of traineeship
Three months (non-renewable). The scheduled starting date is 1 October 2016.
Deadline for applications
5 September 2016 at 14.30 hours (Madrid time) (deadline for the receipt of dossiers by post or e-mail).
A formal cover letter must be submitted together with the completed application form and supporting documents.
Rules governing the official traineeship scheme of the International Olive Council (available on the IOC website)