Survey & Assessment Division
The Survey & Assessment Division is responsible for collecting and processing statistics and economic data on the world markets for olive oils, olive-pomace oils and table olives and for carrying out studies to identify ways of achieving the long-term stability and expansion of the olive products market.
It is made up of a team headed by a Deputy Director and comprising a Statistics Department and a Survey Department.
Division responsibilities broadly include:
- Collecting and analysing up-to-date statistics on production, consumption, imports, exports and carry-overs of olive oils, table olives and other fluid edible vegetable oils.
- Reviewing market conditions and pinpointing potential problems and developments.
- Monitoring the national policies implemented by the member countries.
- Preparing reports and country profiles for meetings of the IOC Economic Committee and sessions of the Council of Members.
- Carrying out economic and statistics-related studies on the olive sector.
- Supplying copy for the official IOC magazine, Olivae.